We strive to hand-craft the highest quality merchandise and want all of our customers to be completely satisfied with their Jon Hart products. We stand behind our quality workmanship and materials and will replace or repair any product due to defective workmanship/materials. Misuse, neglect, or damage caused by common carrier is not covered in our guarantee. Repairs due to normal wear and tear, or misuse, such as airline damage, will be subject to a reasonable service charge based on time and materials. Please see below for tips on returning or exchanging your Jon Hart item.
TIMELINE FOR RETURNS REPAIRS & REMONOS
The ability to re-monogram most items is one the great things about Jon Hart products. Unfortunately we get too busy sometimes to do them. Elective remonos and repairs are not accepted during busy seasons such as Graduation (May & June) and Christmas (November & December).
Outside of our busy season, the following are our expected turn-around times for elective repairs and remono's. We'd prefer you wait until after our busy seasons to send in anything that isn't urgent.
- Response time: 5-7 business days
- Repair time: 5-8 weeks
- All returns must be made within 30 days of receipt, no exceptions.
- Products made of all leather are not available for return.
- Personalized products that have NO patch are not available for return.
- Shipping and handling charges are NOT refundable.
- If original purchase included a bonus gift, bonus item must be returned in order to receive full credit for the original purchase price.
- Credit card refunds will be issued on the card that was used for the original purchase. Please allow for one or two billing cycles for a refund to appear on your statement.
- Some Coated Canvas items may be able to have a new monogram patch applied to the product - these items will have a 20% restocking fee ($50 max) charged for return, which includes the new patch materials and the labor involved in replacing the old patch before putting it back into stock.
- We recommend that you insure your return/exchange for the full value of the merchandise and ship via a traceable carrier, (USPS Priority Mail, UPS, Fed-Ex, etc.) as the carrier will be responsible for a lost or damaged package.
- Click here for more information on our Clear Backpack warranty
How to Make a Return, Repair, or Remono
- If you purchased your product from one of our retailers, please contact the retailer for the return.
- If you purchased your product from JonHartDesign.com and would like to return it, please verify eligibility before initiating the returns process below.
- Most Jon Hart products can be re-monogrammed and you can complete the returns form to initiate the process. Some of our items have restrictions or limitations.
- Items that cannot be re-monogrammed include items without a patch (full-leather or clear), small patch items (ID Wallets or Pod Pouches), and insulated items (coolers, Cool It's, & Lil' Chills).
- Items lined with fabric, padding, or fleece require us to sew through the lining.
- Clear items with a patch can only be re-monogrammed once.
- Upon submitting a return or remono request, please allow 1 business week for a response from our returns department for further instruction.
Commercial Airline Damage
Please examine your luggage carefully for damage before leaving the airport and immediately report any damage to the baggage service center of the airline on which you traveled. Damage caused by an airline is the airline’s responsibility and claims must be submitted to the airline at the time the damage occurs. If you do not follow this procedure, you risk the damage will not be covered under airline policy or by Jon Hart Design.
If you are dissatisfied after making your baggage damage claim to the airline, please contact:
Aviation Consumer Protection Division
US Department of Transportation
C-75 400 7th Street, SW, Room 4107
Washington, DC 20590